‘Understanding the Beatitudes’
(Mt. 5:1 – 12)
The Beatitudes are at the heart of Jesus’ preaching. They depict the face of Jesus. (CCC 1716-17) The Beatitudes are the Christian’s identity card. – Pope Francis
Blessed are ….
- The Poor in Spirit: You who place your absolute trust in the Lord alone.
- Those who Mourn: You who respond to suffering around you.
- The Meek: You with an inner strength that shows itself in kindness & respect.
- Those that Hunger & Thirst for Righteousness: You whose food it is to live the gospel without compromise.
- The Merciful: You who are so understanding as to forgive even the unforgivable.
- The Pure of Heart: You who are sincere from the inside & honest on the outside.
- The Peacemakers: You who are ‘a channel of God’s peace’ by breaking fences & building bridges.
- Those Persecuted for the sake of Righteousness: You who live the Beatitudes with ‘joy & gladness’ even ‘when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Jesus…
… The Kingdom Of Heaven Belongs To You!