Why memorise a Bible Verse each month?
Here are some reasons:
- What you learn by heart will remain in your heart.
I treasure your word in my heart…. Ps 119:11
- It will help you to live the good life that Jesus asks of us.
How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to your word. Ps 119:9
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your minds, so that you may discern what is the will of God. Rm 12:2
- It will guide you in the way you should go.
Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. Ps 119:105
- The Bible asks us to meditate on God’s word. What better way than to learn it by heart.
This book of the law shall not depart out of your mouth; you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to act in accordance with all that is written in it. For then you shall make your way prosperous, and then you shall be successful. Jos 1:8
- To grow in our relationship with Jesus
The best reason to memories scripture is to grow in our personal relationship with the Lord. And what’s better than having his words in our heart
This is eternal life, that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent. Jn 17:3